Tuesday, August 09, 2005

what you don't know won't freak you out


I sometimes wonder if people have any idea what the names of their cars mean, or even better, if car manufacturers knew what they named their cars.

Take for instance, the Mitsubishi Pajero. I don't know why they had to change the name, Montero is good enough, but nooo.... they had to change it to something that means "Mistubushi Masturbator", which makes it sound like an oversized vibrator with a 200 horsepower V-6 engine. It kills Spanish speakers each and every single time. And then there's the Audi TT. 'Nuff said about that one.

Imagine, some people just have no clue what they're saying when they say:

"I've got a Mitsubishi Pajero in my garage!"

"You're going to take me for a ride on your Audi TT?"

If they only knew.

And on a remotely related note, a friend of mine and I were looking for field hockey gloves yesterday and we came upon the Gryphon Pajero glove. "They make gloves to use with the stick!" we both said, laughing.

We've got dirty little minds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home