pathetic yet action-packed

Things happened at the office over the weekend.
Some chemicals from the airconditioners leaked into the cubicles on our part of the office, damaging four computers (Chebee's, Koree's, Kat's and mine) as well as most of the things we've had stuck on our cubicle panels. Everything was covered with icky brown stuff. I decided to take down two of my postcards (the two that I liked best, the ones from Escuela TAI and Portugal! rawrrr!) because they looked gross; I couldn't do anything about the brown stains.
So this morning I came in and found a warning on my computer, telling me to not open my computer but to get some assistance from ISD instead. When Bernie, the guy from ISD, plugged the thing in, there was a red explosion at the back of my monitor and a loud, crackly, popping sound. Scary! In retrospect, why didn't the thing just blow up?
I have a replacement monitor right now, one without my HelLo tape-flags and the cute boys and clothes stickers. Looks like I'm keeping the chemical-stained keyboard and the CPU, which is kept under the table, because they're both still alive! Ditto with the speakers. And I am not happy about any of that. I was hoping that everything would've been irreparably damaged so that I could finally get a new computer, or at the very least something that runs on WinXP, I don't care if it meant that I'd have to do everything over.
No such luck, though. Pathetic.
(Nice illustration from explodingdog.com. I ♥ explodingdog!)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home