Thursday, September 01, 2005

misery loves company


When I'm frustrated and in need of consolation when it comes to work-related issues, Clientcopia is where I go. It makes me feel that I am not alone.

This week's #1 story:

More of a stupid colleague quote [you'll be hearing more of these from me, about the very same colleague]: We're working on a identity manual for our client. Stupid Designer colleague calls me into a meeting, just the two of us. Her: "OK, we've got this green colour, but I want a fresher green, more yellowy" Me: *I point to a lighter green* Her: "Yes, that's lighter, fresher. But this lighter fresher green is even more difficult to read. I want a darker green that can still be read when it's small" Me: *I point at a darker green* Her: "That's good. But now, it's too dark, it's not fresh anymore" Me: *Point at the original colour that we started off with* Her: "Yes, that's the original colour, and the problem is that I want a lighter fresher yellow" Me: *Point to lighter green* We go round and round in circles for a few minutes, before I explain to her that we're just going round and round and it's wasting my £%$£ing time. Me: "WHAT DO YOU WANT? This colour's too dark, this colour's too light, and this one's not fresh enough!!!! " Her: "I just want you to help me pick a green that's lighter AND darker at the same time" Me: *BLANK*


Gosh! In fairness, it hasn't been that bad in these parts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home