Thursday, September 15, 2005

kimchi goes with everything


Did I ever mention how much I adore kimchi? I was just recently reminded; I had it with some kind of Korean beef with sesame seeds for lunch. Yum! If I could, I'd eat it with everything (I'd eat it with lasagna only if it wouldn't freak everyone else out), the only catch being that I have no idea how to make it. So today, although I have a lot of work to do, I went off and googled some kimchi recipes.

Here are some of the recipes I found:

The Pyongyang Metro: Kimchi
Korean Traditional Kimchi
Radish and Root Kimchi
Ultimate Kimchi
Napa Cabbage Kimchi
Spicy Korean Kimchi
Korean Cabbage Kimchi

And here's a nice info page full of Kimchi goodness.

The recipe at Pyongyang Metro is the one that seems most perkily authentic to me so far, but I guess everything will yield something that at least looks like kimchi. The one at the Korean Kimchi site sort of made my eyes pop out of their sockets; they're asking for 10 Chinese cabbage heads, 15 L of water and a whopping 19 cups of rock salt!

That's enough kimchi to last a decade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home